If the smartphone is stolen, there is no need to panic. The phone can be found back at home. For this, the user has to follow some simple tips. Also, the phone can be easily traced. The data of the same phone can be recovered. Many of these people simply issue a second sim when the phone is stolen and then forget the old phone.
But this habit of yours can hurt you a lot, because if there is any wrongdoing from your stolen smartphone, you will be convicted for it. This can cause you a lot of difficulties. In such a situation, today we are telling you what should be done first if the phone is stolen, which will help in getting the phone back.
Government released website for stolen smartphones
The Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR), a website launched by the Department of Telecommunication, is specifically for detecting stolen mobiles. With the help of this website, the stolen smartphone can be blocked and unblocked, as well as the location of the phone can be detected.
Please tell that in CEIR, the model, SIM number and IMEI number of the mobile of every citizen of the country is present. This makes it easier for CEIR to find a stolen mobile. Let us tell you that C-Dot has developed the technique of matching IMEI number issued by the company making it on the mobile model.
What to do first if the phone is stolen
If the phone is stolen, one has to first report the loss of the smartphone. You can register it through online mode, which will generate the FIR number of the stolen smartphone. After registering an FIR, you will not be legally held responsible for wrongdoing by phone.
How can I get my phone back,
- One must visit the CEIR website after the FIR report is filed.
- Here you will see three options Block / Lost Mobile, Check Request Status and Un-Block Found Mobile.
- If the stolen mobile is found back, click on Un-Block Found Mobile option.
- For the same stolen mobile, click on Block / Lost Mobile.
- After this a page will open. Where you have to enter your mobile number. Also, information has to be provided about the IMEI number and the brand of the smartphone. Apart from this, the device model and mobile bill will have to be uploaded.
- After this, the place of losing the mobile phone, district, state and police station, and FIR number, date of losing the phone will have to be recorded.
- After all these information, you will have to enter your personal information like address, mobile number. Then an OTP will come on your second number. After entering it, you have to click on the final submit option.
- After this, your stolen mobile search will start. Additionally, they will be able to trace the stolen mobile.